Effective Date: May 25, 2018
KidsSoup.com, Kindersuppe.de, ABCTwiggles.com, and StoryTwiggles.com as well as other websites like TwiggleMagazine.com, EarTwiggles.com, Preschoolactivitybox.com, Fathersdaycraftbox.com, and Halloweenpartybox.com (collectively referred to hereafter as “our websites" or “our website") comprise a set of educational websites and services operated by KidsSoup, Inc.
Use of the Websites and Cookies
You can visit our public websites and access educational materials or obtain information about our subscription websites without entering personal data. We only request personal data for the processing of payment transactions and to deliver the products or services that you request from us.
When you access our websites, our system automatically records technical information about the computer accessing it. The data collected is information about the browser type and the version used, the operating system, the internet provider and the IP address of the user, the date and time of access, the websites from which the user’s system obtains access to our website, and the websites accessed by the user’s system via our website.
Storage of customer data
For accounting reasons, KidsSoup generally stores the personal data collected from customers that purchase one of our products for seven years after the last transaction. We store other data as long as is necessary for the execution of the contract and to safeguard our rights.
Personal data collected for marketing activities is generally deleted as soon as the purpose of the activity has been met.
We protect your personal data by means of appropriate technical and organizational security measures and store it solely on our secure servers. The website is secured against loss, destruction, and access, modification or distribution by unauthorized persons using industry standards for data security. We use SSL (secure socket layer) technology to encrypt your sensitive data during transmission via the internet. Credit/Debit Card information is securely processed by our payment gateway CyberSource (A Visa Company) and stored on the CyberSource secure, PCI-certified, data centers and is never transmitted to KidsSoup.
Rights of Customers
You have the right to information, correction, deletion and transferability of your data. Furthermore, you have the right to restrict processing.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. An objection only has future effect and does not affect previous processing. If, on account of the objection, KidsSoup is no longer able to perform the services contractually agreed with you, the objection is deemed to be a breach of contract by the customer and KidsSoup has the right to terminate its contract with you without notice. Payment obligations already contractually entered into by the customer remain in force.
For the assertion of these rights, you can contact KidsSoup at the address given in the following section (Contact)
If KidsSoup does not comply with the applicable data protection law, you have the right to file a complaint directed at the competent regulatory authority.
Sergio Garcia (data protection officer)
5663 Balboa Ave 350
San Diego, CA 92111
Changes to This Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we do, we will notify you about any material changes, either by notifying you on the Site or by sending you an email. New versions of this Policy will never apply retroactively.
Information We Collect
Here are the types of information we collect depending on how you interact with us.
- Information your provide by completing forms on our websites: You provide information when you create an account in our store, purchase one of our products, subscribe to our newsletter, submit a support request, or login to our websites. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your first and last name, billing address, phone number, email address, password, and credit card information.
- Information about the ways you visit and interact with our websites: We use Google Analytics to receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us such as how you are discovering projects or to determine computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and operating system; session information, page response times, download errors, and length of visits to certain pages. We may also collect technical information to help us identify your device for fraud prevention and diagnostic purposes. You can opt-out of being included in Google Analytics here.
You may decline to provide us with your information. However, this will limit your ability to register for an account or use our websites. You may subscribe to our newsletter by providing only your name and email address. However, to purchase a product you will need to create an account and provide your payment information. You may review or change your personal information through the account settings page.
You may delete your account information at any time and without giving reasons by sending an email to email@example.com. If you delete your account information, KidsSoup will fully delete or anonymize the personal data contained in your account.
How We Use This Information
The information we collect is used for the following purposes:
- To deliver the products and services your purchase from us.
- To verify your identity when you sign in to any of our websites and keep your account secure.
- To manage our relationship with you by responding to support tickets, updating you with operational news and information about our websites, or asking for your feedback or asking you to participate in a survey.
- For purposes which are required by law such as responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
- To track and analyze the use of our services so that we can improve upon them.
- If you give us consent to provide you with marketing information about products and services we feel may interest you.
If you purchase one of our products, your email address will be used to send you our monthly newsletters containing information on newly added resources available as part of your subscription and practical tips and ideas for making your job a little easier using activities kids love. If you are considering buying one of our products, you may sign up for this newsletter without purchasing the product. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
Product Purchase Notices:
If you purchase one or more of our products you will receive e-mail communications with information relevant to the products purchased.
How This Information Is Shared
Your personal information is very important to us and will not be given, traded, or sold to anyone else.
Information that is shared publicly
When you create a review of one of our products, your name, product rating, and review comments are displayed in our product review page.
If you are a member of the KidsSoup Resource Library and use the forums feature, your name and comments will be displayed on the forums section and viewable to other members of the KidsSoup Resource Library.
Information that is disclosed with third parties
When you purchase a product, your personal and credit card information is disclosed to third-party companies engaged with us to provide payment processing services.
Your information may also be disclosed to regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations; a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity; or other recipients where we are authorized or required by law to do so.